Sunday, March 6, 2011

Date Set... so much to do!



It is now March, and the year is already onto a fast start! WoW! I am not sure where time goes sometimes... we all get busy in our own lives and don't take time to stop and smell the flowers along the way... To notice those around us, just to say hi to them... Take time out to take care of our selves... It only takes 5 minutes (give or take)at the oncology dept. or woman's center to have your mammogram done! Early detection helps to save lives!
One of our own Angels is going through treatments now, early detection is how she found out... No one can stress about early detection than those going through the treatments! Its not what they had planned to take time out of their lives to go to treatments 5 days a week, and worrying 7 days a week... So PLEASE remember to take time out to get your check ups done!
All that being said brings us to this years theme will be, "TAKE 5 TO STAY ALIVE!" Beings it is our 5th year of the Angel Ride to Save the TaTa's!
The date is set for JULY 30th, 2011! Lets hope for another awesome day like we had last year! The weather was truly awesome, a little hot, but no rain!
So please mark your calendars to save the date for the TaTa run! JULY 30th! We want as many bikes, cars, trucks, vans there as possible! Because we want to have fun at raising money for all the breast cancer patients that we can! Last year we brought in $30,000! That is going to help allot of people! I say 'people' as breast cancer doesn't only hit women it also hits men! The money that is raised also helps those patients within a 75 mile radius of Ft Dodge! But no one is turned away!
I can't believe how many people that have gone or is going through breast cancer treatments! I told you in an earlier blog that I found out that my aunt and a couple other people I knew had it, years after the fact...and this weekend I found out that another cousin had gone through treatments a couple years ago... and that 2 of my class mates are going through it now... how many others that are in my life are going through this that I didn't know about....makes one wonder... I wish that more people would be open about it so that others may know it helps others to have knowledge about this horrible cancer! And that they are not alone!!
I hope to stay on top of my blog this year,last year we had some set backs at our house... water in the basement! Like many others that are already going through that around this area! Water is such a bad thing to deal with, but around here, its ice & water! Ugh!
Take Care, Keep warm until we blog again~
Your Friend~ Angel Ride Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment