Monday, July 19, 2010

The Ride is coming The RIDE is COMING!!!





Wow~ It seems like it was only a few months back that we were on last years ride, and we are on the count down for this years!!
There is another fun ride planned again this year & many nice people making awesome donations! It is truly amazing how many people come together for this event!
Some ask why we do this event... "Do you have breast cancer", "Do we know someone with breast cancer", and many more questions... My thoughts for that is, do you have to have any kind of cancer to help someone out... "Pay it Forward"! And yes we do know many wonder woman that have breast cancer... but doesn't make us any less wanting to help them out... if everyone in the world did a good deed at least once a month, and for some people once a year, the world would be such a better place!
I have a daycare outta my home, and the other morning my 10 yr old girl brought me a check for $10 to put towards our breast cancer event! They sold lemonade the weekend before and her and another little girl gave their money to help others! This 10 yr old has a close friend of the family that is going through breast cancer right now! So maybe after being around me doing this fun raiser, and being around her friend, it has made this little girl want to help others!
We have 2 calendars that will be sold this year, a girl one & a guy one! (all clothes are on!) Very tastefully done!! The picture at the top is of the committee... and the one at the bottom is a bench that will be auctioned off to raise money for our event!
Remember the date... August 14th starts at Amigos here in Ft Dodge, and it will end at Community Pizza also here in Ft Dodge!
Thanks again for all you support and followings!
Take Care & Ride Safe!
~Angel Ride Girl~

2 comments:

  1. I am new to the blog, I am Deana and I live in Iowa City Ia, I am a Chrome Diva -- we are also a not for profit organization of women riders. We are nationally known. I am excited to meet so many new friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deana~ Thanks for getting in touch with us this summer! I hope to someday meet up with you! Thanks for the orders of shirts too! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete