Monday, March 8, 2010



Hey there... does anyone have spring fever? Mine is more like Riding Fever! Seeing pictures of last years rides & hearing people talk about their adventures heading down south where it is warmer to ride their bikes, make me want the warmer weather to come sooner! I have a cousin that lives in Ark. and he lets me know when he has been out on his bike, and how much warmer it is there than here in IA! Makes it even harder to wait for the warmer weather!
But on an up note, we have been starting the planning for our up coming poker run for the "Angel Ride to Save the TaTa's" We are hoping with all the things people are wanting to see & do that this ride will be as fun as the past ones!
We are also getting involved with the Bras For The Cause event that we will hold here in Ft Dodge, at the Country Club with a May Day Tea but held on April 30th, all the money raised helps local breast cancer people! I will be having some of the awesome bras posted on line so that you can see all the hard work that some people have gone to, to make these bras!
The one thing that I am looking forward to this year at the Angel Ride, is catching up with old friends, and meeting new friends... It has taught me over the last few years, that it is about the cause, not about who put it together, but more for those that it will help out in the end! Meeting some of the people that have gone through breast cancer has opened my eyes, to how lucky we actually are! Also finding out those that have had it, that I didn't know about... and those that are starting to fight for their lives, that just found out that they have breast cancer! It amazes me just how strong these people are, they may think that they are not strong at all, but they are truly amazing people!
I just saw a t-shirt logo that said that "WHOEVER SAID WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING, NEVER HAD TO FIGHT CANCER" That kinda sums it all up!
Thanks for stopping to visit my blog~ Angel Ride Girl

ps: Thanks Cuz ~ for the awesome Harley coat! I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment